A dear friend of mine came over for tea this past weekend (we'll call her Josie) :). We were talking about paint samples and carpets (for her new house) when she gently said (something to the effect of), "Erin, I wonder if... with this new public blog of yours... you're concerned at all about people knowing exactly where you live... you know, like stalkers...?"
My eyes grew wide and I started cracking up. Oh yeah! I guess I did give away my EXACT address in the blog title. And I guess I do share some fairly personal information... and I guess there are weird (enough) people out there who might want to visit me... with binoculars (ew). So, while that would probably never happen because 1) I don't anticipate any sort of public "fan base" and 2) once you read my wacky jibber jabber, would you really want to come around? But I am a "safety first" kind of gal (drives the hubby crazy) and figured I might as well change my blog name and url to be a little more mysterious just in case.
So there's the back story. Unfortunately www.densmore.blogspot.com was not available... so I opted to go for the "denstothemore" alternative, which is catchy enough. :)
To make this posting a little more fun, I'm adding a picture of Mr. Grady washing the car in what felt like our first day of summer. This kid was like the energizer bunny yesterday! After going mountain biking in the morning with Dave, he proceeded to clean out and reorganize the entire garage, wash the car, and then went out to dinner with his two favorite chatterboxes (Sarah and I). No wonder he fell asleep at 9:15! My favorite part of yesterday (aside from getting to see my bestie Sarah for a whole evening) was when D hinted that it would be cool if I posted a picture of his new mountain bike on my blog. Oh, the cuteness of my husband. This means you will probably get an entire blog posting about his bike, that will mostly talk about the sweet paint job, because I don't know much about shocks and derailers and all that biz.
Final sidenote: made my first early bird trip to Target yesterday to get my sticky paws on the Eugenia Kim hats and Cynthia Vincent shoes before they were all gone and I actually picked up a couple of good finds! But it was hilarious (and frightening) to see women elbow their way in to get these coveted "designer" goods. On my way out, I walked by a woman who had come early for the wedges and completely lost it when she learned that her size had already sold out- I felt so bad for her husband, who had (somewhat pathetically) tagged along, when she started into her tearful, "huuuunnneeeey..." whining. I wanted to shout, "run brother! run!"
Anyways, loved these straw fedoras! I should really pick just one... Danny prefers the one with the blue ribbon... thoughts?


And this little equestrian hat was also super cute but it was too big for my lil' head.
The Cynthia Vincent sandals were well made and really comfortable, but the wedge designs were either 1) totally 80s or 2) totally outrageous in my opinion. I like these flat sandals in white or yellow, which I might order:
The Cynthia Vincent sandals were well made and really comfortable, but the wedge designs were either 1) totally 80s or 2) totally outrageous in my opinion. I like these flat sandals in white or yellow, which I might order:
Happy Monday!
I like the green one with the black/white ribbon! So cute! And I love the sandals.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Whitney. Definitely go with the green. But you may choose to go with the opposite simply because I am fashionably inept.
ReplyDeleteI think I'm the person who shouldn't have your address!
ReplyDelete