You've probably noticed by now that I'm kind of a compulsive list-maker (the happy lists...). So naturally in May I began to compile a list of things I'd like to do, see, learn, accomplish this summer. At first I was hesitant to make this list public, because then I'd actually have to do it all. But it turns out accountability is a good thing for me (i.e. 1/2 marathon)- aaaaand maybe some of you will see something on here that strikes your fancy too and we can make it a team effort!
I'm happy to report that I'm already off to a solid start...
learn to sew (& sew a pillow cover... and a tablecloth... and curtains...)
walk across the aurora bridge with josie (my palms are sweaty just writing about this)
go camping in the rain forest
write one (snail mail) letter per week
learn to fly fish- check!
blog at least once/week
create a budget (this one might be danny's for me... but it has to happen)
refinish junky old side table
make the bed every morning
practice gratitude
crack open that ridiculously expensive bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape we picked up (while tipsy) in France
read 5 professional development books
plan a girl's trip with my college amies (here we come Arizona!!)
eat dinner at the dinner table (as opposed to the couch :) )
host a summer book club for kids- check!
get my camera serviced and reclaim my love of photography
do something extra nice for the hubby once a week
finish wedding album
read more nonfiction: ominvore's dilemma... the sharper the knife the less you cry... suggestions?...
make the outdoor movie extravanganza happen!
get a new library card so I can actually check out books (i know... i know...)
what are you up to this summer? share!
An easy way to get in more non-fiction "reading" is to check out some audio books from the library...after you get that library card. Then you can do your reading as you get other stuff done on your list! It's the only way to read when you have a toddler.
ReplyDeleteooh! I like it Jeanne! Go Mama! Thanks. :)
ReplyDeleteMt. Si is on my list for this summer too, I can't believe I haven't been yet either! I'll let you know when I'm going, or let me know when you are! :)
ReplyDelete1. Have you read "Infidel"? It's on my list of things to do this summer.
ReplyDeleteI love this list! I should do this for myself for the summer so that I can get some more of my goals accomplished. This is awesome!
ReplyDelete