Paper-n-stitch is one of my favorite crafty blogs. I like that she posts so many project ideas that you can complete in a day or a weekend- which is pretty much the max of my crafting attention span. If I can't complete something in a weekend, it probably won't get done...
Last (last) weekend I threw a going-away party for my bestie Josie in our "backyard" & wanted to make a fabric banner to add to the decor. Two problems: 1) I'm still in the early stages of learning how to sew & don't have my own sewing machine and 2) I was running out of time! So I was so happy to find to this "No-sew fabric banner" project on Paper-n-stitch.
- Fabric scraps/squares
- Ruler
- Scissors
- Heat & Bond tape
- Yarn, twine or strong thread
- Iron & ironing board
A few tips-- if you have fabric scraps lying around, I'd go for those. I ended up buying fat quarters of cute matchy fabric at FabricCrush which worked out great, but it did get a little spendy. Also, if you're going to be cutting fabric beyond this project, I recommend investing in some good scissors. It was hilarious and a little painful to watch my helpers (Sher, Nick & Danny) attempt to cut fabric with dull scissors. Thanks guys!
Here I am, still in my Yoga for Hope getup, ironing my heart out before the party!
and voila! it was a sweet addition to our outdoor party.
i am going to make one of these for my deck or maybe the baby room...i wish i could come to one of your dinner parties. some day. xo
ReplyDelete