Monday, July 12, 2010

Things I am loving right now.

Maybe you'll love them too.


I have been needing more things in my life that make me laugh out loud. These quirky cards from husband & wife duo Able & Game do just that. Especially the "Romance" cards.


This one is a personal favorite... maybe because it reminds of D and I...? just a little...



In May I decided I needed a change- so naturally I got a perm. :( I'll wait for you to stop laughing before I continue... I apparently didn't learn my lesson the first time (yes Sarah, you tried to warn me... and you were right), but every few years I foolishly believe that science can transform my limp, fine hair into Julia Roberts' luscious full-bodied, wavy mane. FAIL. This time my hair turned out mostly 1) orange and 2) frizzy. Meh. And while D tried to be supportive, every few days he'd coyly drop a casual, "yeah honey, I think I like your hair better straight..." Yep, duly noted.

In any case, my hair was a hot mess-- until I met Kim at Tousle Salon (hallelujah!) in Wallingford and she introduced me to Moroccan Hair Oil. Now, I may sound a bit like a commercial right now, but holy crap this stuff is amazing! Just a drop of this bottled up miracle (snake oil, Josie?) and my fine hair feels unbelievably silky (and surprisingly not greasy). Plus, and this is key, it smells like you are on a beach in Morocco. So much so that the other day one of my students was sitting awkwardly close to me until I finally asked her what the turkey was going on and she admitted that she "loved the smell of my hair so much she wanted to eat it." Yikes! Don't kids say the darndest things?


I read a lot of "girly" blogs. I mean, I am a girl afterall. I get into the fashion & design & crafts & all that artsy fartsy stuff. But last week I ran across this "dude blog," via Oh Joy!, and laughed my pants off... you know, the kind of chuckle that trails on a little and then sneaks up on you again five minutes later...

"Jack Cousteau" (not to be confused with French naval explorer Jacque) highlights the Old Spice commercials (amazing!) and poop, which girls (for the most part) don't write about. I'm not gonna write about it, but I have no problem laughing at his poo stories. I wonder if his wife is embarrassed by this or laughing her pants off... probably the latter.


The hubby was sweet enough to get me a congrats gift for completing my 108 sun salutations on Saturday. The best thing about "Danny gifts" is that they are always something with a super cool design that I will love- but they are also so him- which means he gets crazy excited about giving them to me. This gift was no exception- now I have my very own Monarch Camp Chair from Alite Designs. What makes this chair so cool is that it balances on 2-legs and is incredibly comfortable. Thanks to the hubs I now have a super functional, comfortable little hipster chair for our next camping trip!



Also not to be missed from Alite Designs is the Sexy Hotness Sleeping bag. Since camping is a major turn on (obviously), the sexy hotness sleeping bags are designed to be roomy & zip together so as to allow you to "canoodle" with others as desired. Here's a great line in their description: "Zippers on both sides allow you to connect as many sleeping bags together as your party requires." Sold!!
added bonus: you don't even have to get out of your sleeping bag to do your "business" in the middle of the night!!


Yep, I'm going through another inspirational quote phase. I blame it on this being Josie's last week in Seattle which has left me feeling all mushy & sad inside and craving some snippet of wisdom to help this change settle a little better with me. Now I'm hooked and finding myself googling inspirational quotes for hours until I have them coming out my ears! I'm even starting to converse in inspirational quotes... just wait, tomorrow morning Danny will ask, "Honey, why didn't you soak your dish last night?" and I will thoughtfully reply, "You see things and you say 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?'" (props to George Bernard Shaw).

Here is a new favorite from Marilyn Monroe (which makes me think of my friend Valerie...)
Who knew Marilyn was so wise...?


Share some things that YOU are loving right now... I'm always looking for things to love.

3 comments:

  1. My world is a happier place knowing there is a product out there like Alite designs, "Sexy Hotness Sleeping bag". I have not laughed that hard in a while, and the ! And I'm considering adding these to our registry. Inappropriate? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, LOVE Moroccan Oil too! Its the best! Makes my frizzy arse mane actually silky and nice! And that smell...I don't blame that kid one bit.

    AND! I love that camp chair! I came home from my first week at REI and blabbed on about that chair to Tyson. Totes Jealous. Hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww, shout out to me?! Or maybe not...could be another friend with the same name :) Love you friend and thinking of you..can't wait to see you Friday!
    xoxo
    ps-another Marilyn quote that I love (unrelated, but still a good one):
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

    ReplyDelete