But soon I will emerge victorious and the good news is I have LOTS of blogging material! While the past couple of weeks have been busy, they have also been fun-filled & action-packed. There is much to be shared! Tea & Terrariums was a blast! Our very own Densmore "film festival" is starting up at the end of the month! My half marathon is just around the a corner! So stay tuned!
Before I peace out, I will leave you (my lovely Kate) with my "10 things to be happy about" this week... because even when you're up at 5am typing reports, there is still plenty to be happy about. :)
1. Tea & Terrariums
This event surely warrants a posting of its own at a later time. For now I will say just say that, in case you hadn't noticed, Seattle is brimming over with hilariously fun & creative women. I know this because they were at my house on Saturday!
Here's a preview of our (ok, my) clumsy crafty fun!
2. A round of "would you rather" on the car ride down to P-town.
"Would you rather have reeeeally reeeally long nose hair or reeeally reeeally long ear hair? Discuss." Followed by at least a dozen clarifying questions... yes, you can cut it, but it grows back almost instantly... yes it will affect your hearing/sense of smell... sure, braiding is an option...
3. Watching my hubby in "Uncle Danny" mode. Also known as super-hero mode.
Oh how our nephews adore their Uncle Danny! I thought I was a big Danny fan but the nephews might take the cake here. I have never heard so much giggling in my life! It helps that he supermans them all over Portland... but he also loves on those little guys fiercely and once again I am amazed at my good fortune to call this man my husband. He will make a superb daddio for sure. When? you ask. The PhD is in charge now.
4. A late night showing of Sex & the City 2 with the three amigas. To be clear, this was not a good movie, but it's a must-see tradition with two of my best lady friends. (don't worry we didn't get all dressed up in stilettos and hoot & holler at the screen) But a few years back we spent the rainy half of our wine tasting vacation on the couch (with wine in hand) marathoning it through 4 seasons of this show. We were hooked. It was one of the best times of my life so anything Sex & the City is a must.
5. Shoe shopping at Imelda's with my favorite sister-in-law!
Shoe-shopping at Imelda's on Hawthorne is already heaven for me. But being accompanied by my sista from another mista Emily, who is a regular & pretty much a celebrity at this store, is like the cream cheese frosting on the cake. We had an absolute blast trying on shoes- me, silly outrageous ones and Em, a little more on the practical side. Em walked away with an adorable hat (yes, they carry Goorin Bros. hats, local jewelry & Hobo bags there too!) and I left happy as a clam with these little Miss L Fire wedges straight out of London.
What's cuter than cute? These shoes. And they're comfy as heck.
sidenote: my getting these shoes was absolute kismet.
they sold out super fast and this was their last pair... in my size!
Shop till you drop:
Here is a sampling of more Miss L Fire shoes. Love 'em!
6. Amanda in Seattle.
It just feels right. I don't think this city really knew what to do with itself when Amanda left (4 years ago??) for medical school. Amanda has always been the best of what this city is about, so when she comes back for a visit, in her silver converse & trademark pixy cut, the city seems to let out a sigh of relief. And while we'll miss her (again) when she leaves, I just know she is going to rock the socks off of Phoenix!!
post-terrarium clean-up love
7. Miracle Noodles.
Strange? Yes. Tasty? They grow on you. Miracle? You decide.

8. My new pillow cover.
I heart leah duncan designs.

9. Watching the college lacrosse championship with the hubs & my dad. It was strange(ly awesome) to see my dad morph back into a Canadian and for my husband to actually understand what he was talking about. I decided that these two are similar in all the best ways. A perfect ending to my weekend. (the tri-tip that my Dad grilled was an added bonus)
10. New Arrivals from Spool No. 72
This might be my go-to summer dress.

check it:
Back to it!
xoxo
Oh man, I remember playing 'would you rather' ALL THE TIME! Remember we would come up with the most ridiculous scenarios... :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm loving the new shoes WITH the new dress! Reunion outfit, pherhaps?? I also love spool no. 72 :) :)
Your blogs make me so happy. I laugh, I smile, all by myself in my apt. It's lovely. Thank you :)
ReplyDeleteBusy Bee Erin! Someday we would love to have you two over for dinner- but don't say yes until life truly calms down......saying no is an art form and means of self-preservation and self-protection~ take care of yourself and we will be happy to bear hugs and food down the road!
ReplyDeleteA noodle would have to seriously blow my mind for me to declare it a miracle. That said, I've been looking for a good noodle (not making that up) so I will try this miracle noodle you blog of and decide for myself.
ReplyDelete