1. Jamba Juice

Hooray for predictable food chains! Peach perfection is the only flavor that seems to do the trick when I can't keep anything else down. My favorite is to put it in the freezer and then eat it like shaved ice. Hallelujah.
2. A cold rag and a bucket
Just in case. It's gross but true.
3. Ryan O'Neal and Ali McGraw in Love Story

Is there anything cuter or more tragic than Ali McGraw in this movie? I like to pretend that I am this adorable lying on my deathbed (at least that's how it feels) with Oliver (Grady) by my side.
4. At least a half dozen pillows
I am not at all sure what is up with this, but I got up to do a lap around the living room (exercise) and counted SEVEN pillows on the couch. They had swallowed me up into some sort of a cocoon of cloudy softness. Heck yes!
5. Towels (to cover the mirrors)
I will have to remember this for next time (God forbid!). When you already feel like a walking garbage can, the last thing you need is to catch a glimpse of your zombie-like self in the mirror on the way to the bathroom- which I totally did and quickly went back to hide in my pillow cocoon.
6. Earplugs
About 99% of the time I actually enjoy living across the street from a bustling primary school. Not only do we get to use the basketball courts and attend their yearly bratwurst (beer) fest, but the kids look so darn cute dressed up in their little uniforms. But the other 1% of the time (when I'm sick) I cringe at the sound of their squeaky little voices at recess and want to peg them all with dodgeballs. Today was one of those days.
7. An "it's so good that I almost forgot I'm sick" novel

Oh thank heavens for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! I was able to get a couple of juicy chapters in between debilitating headaches. Can't wait to see the movie now!!
8. A Camelback
In hindsight this would have been a smart way to avoid dehydration.
As the hubby likes to say... "Hindsight is always 20/20."
9. Comfy sweatpants and an oversized hoodie
I prefer the hubby's ginormous Bishop Blanchet sweatpants (we're talking XXXL here). I believe Grady has actually hidden these from me on multiple occasions because I look like a big green monster in them but they are soooooo comfy and he has to give in when I'm sick.
love you girl.. hope you are feeling better
ReplyDelete