One year ago (tomorrow) I made the best, most important decision of my life. I married the kindest, funniest and most faithful & loving man I've ever known. And sitting here today on the lawn of our Whidbey Island cabin watching him sleep- feet crossed, book on his chest, curly hair matted to his head from the heat- I have never felt so at peace or so sure that I'm supposed to do this thing we call "life" with Danny. It's one of those moments you want to bottle up so you can drink it again someday when life feels a little less sure... a little unsteady. But I allow this perfect moment to pass and instead hold tight to the faith that Danny has instilled in me that our lives together will be filled with moments like these. Along with tough ones will be easy ones... the sad moments will be balanced with funny ones... that in the stresses and struggles and uncertainties that go along with being human, we will find ourselves back in moments like these where life makes more sense, makes us smile, and can only be described as beautiful.
Happy 1st Anniversary, D. I agree, one year passes and it feels like we've made married for years... and I like that. I want to drag this forever thing out with you as long as I can. xoxo
My Wedding Vows
August 15, 2009
Danny Grady, you are an easy man to love. From the very beginning, you wooed me at the karaoke bar with your soulful rendition of ACDC’s Back in Black. You rescued me on the side of the road in the middle of the night when I blew out a tire (sorry Dad). You make me soup when I’m sick, rub my feet when I’m tired, and you do the happy dance when I’m down. And to be honest, you are cute as heck.
I knew early on that you were someone special that I wanted to have in my life, but I had no idea the plan God had for us. Standing here with you now, I am overwhelmed by all of the things I love about you. I love your ability to make me laugh and smile in the face of any circumstance. I love your passion for the environment and your desire to teach others. I love how you can laugh at yourself, and have enabled me to lighten up. I love your energy and adventurous spirit. I love your friends—they are a reflection of you. I love your devotion to your family, and I know I am a better daughter and sister because of your example. Mostly, I love how you love me. How you don’t need to know what I’m thinking, because you know to ask me, which is even better.
For these reasons and so many more, I know how lucky I am to be standing here today with you… my best friend, promising to spend the rest of our lives together.
I promise to always laugh with you… and sometimes at you. You have taught me that laughter really is healing.
I promise to support you in your dreams, and share them with you. You’ve supported me through graduate school and so much more (which we both know was not always easy) and you always make me feel like I am capable of anything. I hope I can do the same for you.
I promise that our family will be my first priority in life, but I also recognize the importance of staying connected with your friends—and we will make it a priority for you have your dude time. As long as I can tag along sometimes…
I promise to be a devoted mother to our children, to cheer the loudest at our kids’ lacrosse games and to try to not wear sweatpants everyday.
I promise to grow as an individual so we can be stronger as a couple… and I promise to try to be more brave and adventurous.
I promise to be honest, to be faithful, to listen, to cheer you on, admit when I’m wrong, and be forgiving when you are. :)
I promise to have faith in us, to trust you, and to always be your number one fan. I love you.
beautiful. i remember hearing this a year ago the day you got married and love hearing it again now. i am thrilled you two will walk hand in hand on this crazy journey called life. now... can we get a little grady??
ReplyDeleteHolla little Grady!! When we gonna get one?? Love you my friends!
ReplyDeleteyou are awesome and so is danny. :)
ReplyDelete